Sunday, March 2, 2008

Routing lines, mounting Vegmax & FPHE

I woke up Sunday morning with no way to hold my head that didn't hurt, so I stumbled out to the garage, and started finalizing the routing of my fuel and coolant lines.

Starting with the hot coolant. This fitting (A Pex fitting, actually) was drilled and tapped for the temperature switch that prevents me from switching to vegetable oil too early.


Here it is in place:


The hot coolant goes to the FPHE, then to the VegMax. From the Vegmax, it is zip-tied together with the "supply" fuel line, and passes along the front of the car right atop the radiator.


Then it passes around the airbox:


From there it goes through the firewall and back to the tank. I detailed the routing of the HoH lines a couple weeks ago.

From the tank, it comes back to to the front of the car, and splices into the cooling system on the left side, right down by the turbo:


Here it is in place:


I'll back up a few steps and show how the VegMax is mounted. About a week ago I showed where the Vegmax was going and how I made the mounts. It was important that I be able to lift the Vegmax out, so I could drain the filter and spin on a new one.

Here's the mount bolted in:


Here's the VegMax in place:


And here it is pulled out:


It just pulls off the mount, and you wiggle it out around the windshield washer bottle. It's tight, but it works. Changing the filter will be much, much easier.

The last was the return fuel line, going back to the tank. I thought it would be easiest to run it right aling the firewall, zip tied to a steel coolant line. It's very snug, and looks pretty good:


To get the FPHE up behind the VegMax, you have to move the glow plug relay so it sits perpendicular to the FPHE. Here's the glow plug relay as it sits normally:


Here it is pointing straight, giving JUST ENOUGH room for the FPHE coolant & fuel lines:

The glow plug relay has two nuts holding it down. You just have to remove one, and turn it around to make room for the FPHE

No comments: