Sunday, February 24, 2008

Mounting Plant Drive components

It's REALLY tight under the hood.... really tight.

When I first started scoping things out, I got spooked and thought I'd have to put the VegMax filter in the trunk. I hated the thought, because over time you're guaranteed to have a spill.

The issue with the VegMax is it will fit behind the driver's side headlight, but I won'tt have enough room to drain it when I changed filters. No good.

So, I decided to mount it so that it could be removed easily. When I need to change a filter, I'll just have to unclip it and lift it 6-8" to drain it. It'll also allow me to fill a filter right up, invert the mount and spin the new filter on.

Here's the bracket I made to bolt to the filter housing:


Here's the mount that bolts to the inner fender:


Here's the mount clipped into the bracket:


The mount bolts up to the inner fender, behind the driver's side headlight:


Here it is with the VegMax in place:


I also scoped out where the FPHE will go. Looks like this is a good spot:








No comments: