Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Bits & pieces starting to arrive

My first batch of items showed up today, from Princess Auto. It was mostly tools to build the tank.

However, I did get a set of gauges:


Now, I should begin by acknowledging that "Power Fist" is not the best name in the business. However, I wanted some cheapies just to get me started, and I can upgrade to VDOs down the road. Either way, a completely accurate gauge reading isn't as important as being able to see changes and anomalies when you're driving the car.

About the gauges:

-Boost/Vacuum gauge ($23.99): At first, I was planning on using a Mallory fuel pump on the veggie side, so I ordered a gauge that would show both pressure and vacuum. Turns out I'll be using the stock lift pump, so a vacuum gauge would have sufficed. Ah well, no biggie.

-Temp gauge($29.99): Even though they're cheapies, I wanted them to match, so I bought the corresponding temp gauge to watch the veggie oil temperature. The good news: It's digital, so less cumbersome to install. The bad news: It's in Fahrenheit, which may offend the Benz's metric sensibilities (aside from the fact that it's Power Fist!!!).


I also got a 30" metal bender, and a set of pneumatic shears... so I can start making my tank.


No comments: