Monday, January 28, 2008

Mocking up the veggie tank v4.0

After some test fitting of my cardboard mockup, we found it was a bit awkward. It's a big tank, for sure, but part of the problem is the fact that the Benz's trunk is already a bit cramped. The diesel tank is right behind the rear seat, which is exactly where I like to put the veggie tank. So, the veggie tank has to fit in there with the diesel tank, while trying to maintain a reasonable amount of trunk space.


I decided that I'd make it shorter at the base, and then about halfway up, taper out towards the trunk opening. This should allow us to get some larger items in the trunk, and still maintain a 110 liter capacity.


So after much trial & error, here's version 4.0:




I also got some steel to start fabbing up the tank. I'll be using POR15 on the inside to prevent any reactions between the vegoil & steel.

No comments: