Friday, March 7, 2008

Mounting valves & Vegtherm

I really wanted a nice clean installation. I really like how Ray Ackley mounted his switching valves on top of his intake manifold; I wanted to do the same, but have 3 switching valves to mount.

I decided to build a rack that the valves & vegtherm would bolt up to.

Here is is after bending, welding & drilling. I welded a couple nuts on so the valves could bolt down easily:


I drilled & tapped the intake manifold:



Here it is painted, mounted on top of the intake manifold:


Here's the Vegtherm mounted at the far end. The vegtherm has a fitting at the end with a tempertaure sender and a barb for a vacuum gauge:


Here are the valves bolted on. In retrospect, it would have been nice to have them a couple inches closer to the Vegtherm... would have given me more room around the firewall for the fuel lines. No biggie, it still does the job:

No comments: